Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Dust, Dust, Dust & Still More Dust


It's spring, & that usually means unstable weather. Yestrday was hot, humid & ikky, the kind of day that will only end in a storm, which it did. Great, cooling rain , cooling wind, & a clear perfect sky the next day. How wrong could I be? Instead we have dust! Thick red dust! From western NSW. Ikky horrible stuff that will not let me breath outside. All the windows are shut, the shutters are still down, and there are draft stoppers at every door, all trying to keep out this fine, red, gritty, ikky dust. The news reports this morning are saying it is the biggest one ever. I have seen dust storms before, only one mind you, but not like this, and never in Sydney. I wonder what Mother Nature will give us next.

4 comments:

Bangchik and Kakdah said...

The picture sums well about storm and dust you are experiencing right now... Hope things will settle down soon.... But Mother Nature has a lot in reserves, and the release seems to be one at a time... Always hope for the best! ~bangchik

Anonymous said...

I see you are are gardener as well - just like me! What a strange country we live in - where I am it is still very cold and wet - we even had snow for a minute yesterday, and the only sign of Spring here are the bulbs - 1000's of them, but I'm waiting for the first blossoms on Cherry trees.

Sue McB

Sue Catmint said...

Hi Jenny, this was all over the news in Melb. How horrible - presumably this is the sort of thing that will happen more often because we have abused Mother Nature.
btw I have awarded you a truth scrap award. cheers, catmint

SFaith said...

I guess every place has its plagues.

Here in Florida we have wildfires during the dry season. Once, the ash in the air was the size of snow flakes. I had to stay in with the windows closed because I have asthma so I sympathize with you.