Wednesday, March 9, 2016

A Friendly Reptile

Look who I spotted this morning! I was out hanging the washing in the sun, when out of the corner of my eye I spotted what I thought was a piece of bark sitting in front of the garage door. As the bulk of the neighbours gum trees have gone, I thought this was a little strange. When I looked closer, I found I had a visitor.

We have had blue tongues before, and i know they are around, I have even had one in the house. I just haven't seen one for a while.

The fluffball feline companion was outside, and was not impressed when I picked her up and shut her inside. As I raced upstairs to get the camera, this little lizard was on the move. By the time I got back downstairs, he had moved the full width of our double garage door.


As I watched, he also kept an eye on me, and carefully climbed the step.


Crawling along the front of the step, he made a b-line for cover under the trailer. In the meantime, I continued to hang out washing, then looked to see where he had gone. He was nowhere in view. Still not safe to let the fluff-ball feline out yet, and hopefully this reptile friend will find my snails.

No comments: