Friday, April 6, 2018

A Resident Cocoon

Yesterday in my garden I spotted a cocoon on my rose bush. At first I thought it was just a mess of dead rose petals, but on closer inspection  I found it to be a cocoon. So I grabbed the camera and took some pics, and promised myself I would watch it daily to take note of the changes.

This morning when I went to look, it was on the move. I could see a head and little feet marching the cocoon further down the rose stem. I was hoping something beautiful was going to emerge. I already had the camera in hand, so I put it on video and pressed the button. I really need to practice my videoing skills!

I watched for a while but my cocoon settled down and closed his top ready for some more changes. So I stopped videoing and let him. be

When I downloaded the video off the camera, and saw how bad it was, I started thinking about video editing and how to do it. Mr Google came to my rescue and I have had a play of cutting some of the crap out of my video. My skills still need some work but I will keep practising.

So above is my slightly edited video of my resident cocoon on the move in my rose bush. I'll try to keep track every day.




No comments: