Wednesday, May 2, 2018

A Resident Cocoon - Pt 2

Nearly a moth ago now I found a cocoon on my front rose bush. I watched it for a while, as it moved up and down my rose bush, then onto the ground, and then to eventually disappear after two days. I looked around the rose bush, and on the ground below the rose bush, and couldn't find it, figuring Mother Nature had taken over.

On the weekend I spotted it again, this time on a totally different branch of the same rose bush. I am sure it is the same one, the mess of dead leaves at the bottom is the same.

Mother Nature is amazing. Somehow as a caterpillar still building his cocoon, he has moved around from branch to ground, then back up the branch again, and seems to have finally settled on my rosebush. Now he is back, I'll try to watch every day to see Mother Nature at work.

No comments: