Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Functional Artwork

How it this for artwork? Functional too. This clock was on one of the buildings that we walked past to get to the station. I am not sure what it is made from, it looks like it is made from re-cycled parts of something, though I am not sure.

To me it resembles a house of some kind ( though nothing Japanese that I saw), with balconies, doors, windows, people, giant taps to get water from, They look like cannons on the right to ward off any enemies, and little covers over the doors to protect them from weather. I can see what looks like an oven with people cooking, and of course that old fashioned alarm clock.. What I don'r get are the chicken feet clutching at eggs.

This is just what I see, but in reality it is a functional working clock. Apparently at certain times the clock will chime, and it would have been interesting to see if any of the parts moved. I am sure that they did, so it would have been even more fascinating to see.

No comments: