Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Shasta Daisies


Signs of summer are arriving in my garden, even though summer is still officially about six weeks away. This is one of the buds that has appeared on one my shasta daisies. These dasies originally came from my Mum's garden, and have multiplied over the years. They were all across the front garden at one point, but with the drought and water restrictions , I have lost quite a lot of them. Over the last year we have had a little more rain than the previous few years, and the dasies are starting to spread again. I have about 4 little pockets of them scattered throughout the garden, and may be able to transplant some cuttings to make them spread faster, once they finish flowering. I look forward to seeing the butterflies they attract when they are in flower.

No comments: