Wednesday, December 3, 2008

African Violets

This morning I thought I would show off my african violets. I have struggled for years to get these to flower in various spots around the house, but they really like my kitchen window sill. I used to be able to get them to flower all through autumn, winter & spring, but since we put in the air conditioner, they don't flower as much. It must take all the humidity out of the air that they need. I have about 18 pots of these, of varying colour, which are all beginning to bloom. We have had a few weeks break from using the air con so they are obviously happy at the moment. The weather is heating up, and as we are in summer now, the air con will start to go back on again shortly to cool things down, so I am tipping this happy little pot of colour will not last long. We will have to wait & see.

No comments: