Friday, June 5, 2009

A Caterpillar Tale

Remember the caterpillar from here? At the time I rescued him from my dinner & took him outside & placed him on my balcony wall. I figured it was up to him to crawl away or stay put to be lunch for one of the birds. The next day I found this catterpillar in my rain guage which is attatched to the top of the wall and I am not sure if it is the same one or another one. I have been watching & waiting to see what happens, emptying the guage at regular intervals so he does not drown.
He has changed colour,
and shape, but he has been there a while now & still looks the same. I think he might have drowned. There was one night when we had heavy rain & the water in the guage was way over his head. I'll leave him another week to see what happens. Mother Nature sure works in funny ways.

No comments: