Thursday, June 11, 2009

Winter Surprises


Well, it's winter, has been for a few days now, and for anyone who doen't believe this then just poke your nose into my garden. The snow has fallen about an hours drive away and the wind is whistling straight off the snow. As a consequence it reached only 13 deg C yesterday, but with the wind chill factor it felt like 5 deg C, so far the coldest day we have had for the year. This morning it got down to 2 deg C, the coldest overnight temp for the year. Mmm...... we are still in June. I wonder what the next few months have in store for us.
On the bright side, my saved dahlia is flowering. Considering this is a summer flowering plant, I am not quite sure what is happening. Adding a cheery smile to the garden in this weather can only be a good thing. I'll take anything.

No comments: