Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Home Garden Catch-Up

My own garden at home has become so overgown with weeds, this morning I took advantage of the cooler weather & tackled the bed underneath my frangipanni. Over an hour to clear all the weeds and half an otto bin later, I'm sure you can imagine how overgown it was. This is a pic of my first frangipanni for the summer, just opening this morning. No perfume yet, but in a few days there will be more flowers & I look forward to the perfume floating through my dining room window.
One of the first things I noticed when I came home was that my shasta dasies were all out. This is just one of the little pockets that I have left after the drought, and when they finish flowering, I hope to get some more cuttings to spread them around the garden again. I look forward to seeing the butterflies that they will attract.

No comments: