Saturday, November 29, 2008

New Babies


The storms did evenuate yesterday, one at lunch time & a second late afternoon. Overall a nice little drop of rain for my wall pots that I had left out. Also what these new babies required. I acquired these from a wedding that our family attended just recently. Instead of the traditional almond bomboniere, the bridal couple provided tubed Australian Native Plants, wrapped in florist paper of a colour that matched the bridal party. Very nice! So I now have two kangaroo paws, one NSW waratah, and one Angophora hispida. I have been doing some reading about these plants, where to plant, how to plant, how often to water, etc etc, so for the moment I have just transferred them into lager pots containg a mix specially for Australian Natives. At least that will give me some time to think about where I will eventually plant them .

1 comment:

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

what a great idea for wedding favors.