Tuesday, March 10, 2009

An Orchid


How beautiful is this orchid. I recieved this flower yesterday from a lady I know. A few weeks back, I spent some time splitting up & re-potting my own orchids, giving away a bag full of orchid bulbs. The lady who gave me this flower was one who recieved some of my bulbs, so we have been having discussions on orchids every time I see her. Yesterday I was surprised with this little posy that she gave me in the morning, then late yesterday she asked if I would like a bulb of this one. How could I say no? It has been promised for the next time I see her which will be in around two weeks time. So I am a lady in waiting, waiting for a bulb of this beautiful orchid so I can grow my own. I might add here that the perfume is divine. I have never known an orchid to smell before, at least mine do not have any perfume.

2 comments:

My Budgies of the fictional town of Budgewoi said...

very pretty orchid, good depth of field there too;
Bud.

Concrete Jungle said...

Oh WOW! This orchid is a treasure!
Glad to find another city gardener.